[openstack-dev] [DevStack] Python dependencies: PyPI vs distro packages

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Aug 7 15:53:54 UTC 2013

I agree triple-o will help a lot here although I would disagree that package rollback is an illusion. I would call it more of a hard problem instead since nothing is really impossible :)

If say yum had a git "like" log then I don't think it would be impossible to yum "checkout" a previous system state and have yum do the right thing. I don't thing it would be easy but it can't be impossible.

Anyways I agree that tripleo and full images are likely the best way until a really smart package manager exists, maybe someday both will exist :)

Sent from my really tiny device...