[openstack-dev] Please release new client library releases

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Aug 6 17:15:13 UTC 2013

Hey all!

As you know, we're been battling the effects of the
setuptools/distribute re-merge and upgrade for about a month now. It's
mostly settled down, but there are still cases where transitive
dependencies on things that depend on things that depend on distribute
can screw us. At the moment, there are two depends that do this that we
are aware of- d2to1 and python-mysqldb. The second is slow-moving, so
installing it from distro packages in devstack is fine.

The first, d2to1, we've removed from trunk of things. I've sent changes
in to all the client libs:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:master+topic:openstack/requirements,n,z

It would help both the CI infrastructure, and honestly our end users, if
you could take a moment to merge these, and once you have to cut a new
release. It will remove us as being a link to setuptools related breakage.

Thanks!
Monty