[openstack-dev] [Keystone] V3 Extensions Discoverability

Jamie Lennox jlennox at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 05:19:24 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Partially in response to the trusts API review in keystoneclient
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/39899/ ) and my work on keystone API
version discoverability (spell-check disagrees but I'm going to assume
that's a word - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/38414/ ) I was thinking
about how we should be able to know what/if an extension is available. I
even made a basic blueprint for how i think it should work:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+spec/keystoneclient-extensions and then realized that GET /extensions is only a V2 API.

Is this intentional? I was starting to make a review to add it to
identity-api but is there the intention that extensions should show up
within the endpoint APIs? There is no reason it couldn't work that way
and DELETE would just fail.

I am not convinced that it is a good idea though and I just want to
check if this is something that has been discussed or purposefully
handled this way or something we need to add.

Thanks,

Jamie