[openstack-dev] instances fail to boot on el6 (glance schema error issue)

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 01:01:40 UTC 2013

As of an hour ago the el6 (Centos) builds in SmokeStack all started failing. I've documented the initial issue I'm seeing in this ticket:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1208656

The issue seems to be that we now hit a SchemaError which bubbles up from glanceclient when the new direct download plugin code runs. This only seems to happen on distributions using python 2.6 as I'm not seeing the same thing on Fedora.

This stack trace also highlights the fact that the Glance v2 API now seems to be a requirement for Nova... and I'm not sure this is a good thing considering we still use the v1 API for many things as well. Ideally we'd have all Nova -> Glance communication use a single version of the Glance API (either v1 or v2... not both) right?

----

Sorry I didn't catch this one sooner. We only recently enabled Centos testing again (due to some resource limitations). Plus I just got back from vacation. :)

Dan