[openstack-dev] [Nova] Review request: Blurprint of API validation

Ken'ichi Ohmichi oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp
Mon Aug 5 00:20:06 UTC 2013

Hi Russell, Doug,

Thanks for your comments, I'm really glad to talk about this with you.

That's a good point. The sample code on the etherpad[1] requires to
define API schema twice for single API, and that would be workload
against implementing API schema when Pecan/WSME has been used.

So how about adding jsonschema support to WSME?

If doing that, we will be able to use good validation based on jsonschema
only by defining a single API schema.

> I am working on getting WSME onto stackforge, to make contributions easier
> (it's on bitbucket now, but using hg and pull requests is pretty different
> from our normal review process and may add friction for some people).

That would be good info, if the above idea gets consensus.
I will start investigating how to implement jsonschema support for WSME
after this discussion, and try contributing the above stackforge WSME.

> We ran into a few tricky spots because of the wide variety of test configu-
> rations in play, and that caused some delays. I think those issues are
> worked out (especially with the Python 3.3 build systems available now),
> so I will be picking that work up in a week or two (I'm traveling next week).

Have a good travell:-)

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi

---