[openstack-dev] [nova][glance] Future of nova's image API

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 02:07:26 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,

​
​Am on my phone so can't find the links at the moment but there was some discussion around this when working out what we should leave out of the v3 api. Some people had concerns about exposing the glance api publicly and so wanted to retain the images support in Nova.

​
​So the consensus seemed to be to leave the images support in, but to demote it from core. So people who don't want it exclude the os-images extension.

​Just as I write this I've realised that the servers api currently returns links to the image used for the instance. And that won't be valid if the images extension is not loaded. So probably have some work to do there to support  that properly.

Regards,

Chris