[openstack-dev] [Neutron] OVS Agent and OF bridges

Addepalli Srini-B22160 B22160 at freescale.com
Fri Aug 2 12:02:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

As I understand,  current OVS Quantum agent is assuming that there are two Openflow bridges (br-int and br-tun).

"br_tun", I think, is introduced to take care of overlay tunnels.

With flow based tunnel selection and tunnel parameters definition,  I think br-tun is no longer required.

Removal of br-tun increases the performance as one less OF bridge in the packet path.

Is there any interest in community to remove br-tun?  If so, we can work on it and provide a blue print and the code.

Thanks
Srini