[openstack-dev] [Neutron][API Doc] Easy way to generate JSON output for doc?

Morgan Fainberg m at metacloud.com
Thu Aug 1 06:43:26 UTC 2013

Paul,

Depending on what version of keystone you are utilizing there are a couple
options to use the UUID token format (instead of PKI).

Very recent (current master) of keystone uses a pluggable provider system.
To set the provider to uuid, in the [token] section set the option:
provider=keystone.token.providers.uuid.Provider

In older versions I believe the option (still in the [token] section) is:

token_format=UUID

I hope this info helps you out some.

Cheers,
Morgan Fainberg

Sent from my iPhone (please excuse the brevity)

 31/07/2013, Paul Michali :

> Yeah I was playing with that, however I'm having an issue with
> authentication…
>
> If I do a request to keystone to get the auth ID, I get a huge key, which
> I have to try to paste into a subsequent request to neutron.
>
> Is there a way to force this to use the old style (small) auth ID, no
> auth, or username/password for auth on the requests?
>
> I've been playing with using the CLI and --verbose, and then trying to
> extract the RESP:… output and run through JSON. A bit jacky, but it sorta
> works.
>

>  PCM (Paul Michali)
>
> Contact info for Cisco users http://twiki.cisco.com/Main/pcm
>

> On Jul 31, 2013, at 7:00 PM, "Mellquist, Peter" <peter.mellquist at hp.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Paul,****
> There are a few ways of doing this but I have used curl then pipe the
> results through a python JSON pretty print tool. This formats the JSON for
> easily dropping into API docs.****
>
> curl ( some Openstack request with JSON output )    | python –mjson.tool**
> **
>
> Hope this helps,****
> Peter.****

Sent from my iPhone (please excuse the brevity and any typos)