[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] LBaaS development plan for Havana

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Apr 30 00:52:56 UTC 2013

On 04/25/2013 11:38 AM, Eugene Nikanorov wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've prepared a list of a major action items needed for futher
> development of multivendor and production-ready
> LBaaS: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Quantum/LBaaS/HavanaPlan
>
> I'd be glad to here your feedback about it.
> I think we need to start discussing these items in more details.
>
> Aside from this list I imply that vendors will create their drivers
> choosing whatever architecture is reasonable for their solution, while
> quantum provides convenient way of integrating them.
> Also, as you can see, some of action items (like service insertion or
> device inventory) have scope beyond LBaaS so I expect folks who are
> interested in other services to participate in corresponding discussions.

So ... speaking of LBaaS future plans ... it seems really odd to have
this in the project formerly known as Quantum, err, OpenStack
Networking.  It honestly seems like something I would have expected to
be in its own project.  Feel free to send me off to read previous
discussions on this if needed.

Does anyone else have concerns about this?

--
Russell Bryant