[openstack-dev] [OSLO][RPC] AMQP / ZeroMQ control_exchange vs port numbers

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Mon Apr 29 15:19:23 UTC 2013

> It is difficult to do that using the current configuration schema, because there are so many different options that have to be replicated for each broker. So you end up with foo_exchange, foo_host, foo_port, etc. for every service that you want to connect to.
Right, so I suggest we either don't allow access to the control_exchange via the API at all, or we only do so at the connection-level.

>  For ceilometer we just said that all of the exchanges have to be on the same broker.
Again, which kills the ability to shard. This shouldn't be a long-standing requirement.

I'm seriously considering a push to make each project using ZeroMQ run on a separate broker by default due to the security implications.
> For cells, I think they reproduce the settings in the database.

Cells keeps settings in their database, but they're not directly mappable to CONF settings.

Regards,
Eric Windisch