[openstack-dev] Process for requirements

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 16:07:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since we had a few jenkins checks failing in the last few days, because
> of wrong requirements, I'd like to ask, how the process currently works.
>
> Eg. for Horizon, I had in  tools/pip-requires
> python-keystoneclient>=0.2  [1]
>
> which is clearly within the bounds of
> python-keystoneclient>=0.2,<0.3
> taken from pip-requires[2].
The limits need to match openstack/requirements pip-requires exactly.
In this case you would need to set python-keystoneclient>=0.2,<0.3 in
your pip-requires.

> So, the question is, how to update requirements, without breaking
> jenkins? Is there a process?
The current process is to propose a change to openstack/requirements
to update the requirement globally (eg add a new requirement or change
boundaries). Once that has merged Jenkins will be happy with changes
to your local project requirements.

> Thanks,
>
> Matthias
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/27476/3/tools/pip-requires