[openstack-dev] [nova][keystone] Message Queue Security

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Thu Apr 25 20:24:36 UTC 2013

> Well correct me if I am wrong, but eventlet is a single process, system
> w/o threads, so things may intermix but python calls do not race due to
> the GIL.
>
> I may be wrong on that, but it was my understanding.
Co-threads may get inter-tangled during processing, but code won't be executed at the same time.

For instance, if two messages are sent by the same process, the second one might talk to the keyserver first, but the first one might *send* the message to the remote party first.  That would cause out-of-order sending of messages, from the perspective of the keyserver.

However, under no circumstances, with eventlet, will the localtime() function return the same thing, because that method will never execute concurrently.

Regards,
Eric Windisch