[openstack-dev] [oslo][keystone] Trying to get openstack.common.wsgi in keystoneclient

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Wed Apr 24 15:07:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am trying to move the s3_token and ec2_token middleware to
python-keystoneclient I thought it would be a good idea to make them
using openstack.common.wsgi instead of {swift,keystone,nova}.wsgi

It seems that adding wsgi trying to import the full set of modules
from openstack.common as a dependency which doesn't seem to please
(and for good reasons) the other reviewers.

You can see this on Patch Set 1 from this review :

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/27326/

So I am not sure what to do here, let the middleware use their own
native wsgi i.e: swift.common.wsgi or nova.wsgi but that would mean
adding them in tools/test-requires and Mark would not be happy (and
for good reasons).

Suggestions I guess that I can see but none for me are ideal :

- Maybe trim down the dependencies on openstack.common.wsgi to notdeps
on everything.

- Have the s3/ec2 middleware not using any wsgi stuff which would be
bunch of copy and paste and boilerplate to add.

- Adding to keystoneclient its own wsgi.py but that seems backward.

- Leave as it is (i.e: keep those middleware in keystone) but that
mean not adding stuff to it and still need swift and nova as a deps of
tools/test-requires and having the problem with global CFG and log for
ec2 i was mentionning in another email.

What do you guys think?

Chmouel.