[openstack-dev] [Heat] Template repository location (infra guidance needed)

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 05:27:36 UTC 2013

On 04/24/2013 04:56 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:

>> > I'm all for a stackforge repo, and for also using the repo for image
>> > building definitions. In some cases (eg the OpenShift templates) the
>> > heat template will be tightly coupled with the images they launch, so it
>> > would be nice to be able to change both in a single commit.
> So, TripleO split out image building elements from the image builder
> tool - so I certainly think the split is the right choice. :) Perhaps we
> should have a chat about heat templates + jeos templates + dib elements
> at some point.
I fully expect there to be some dib elements in this repo, as soon as we
have some templates which use non-generic dib generated images
> We've also got the beginnings of a heat templates repo for refstack
> that's also in the wrong place. So I think that makes potentially 4
> different repos of templatey type things that need a home?
It sounds like the top level directory structure should be driven by
audience. So far I can think of:
- example templates which are mainly a demonstration of capability (this
is what we have now in-tree)
- templates used for integration tests (yet to be written)
- refstack
- templates/elements/tdls which will end up being production-ready for
real deployment
- DSL/HOT straw-templates

I'm not against scripts living in this repo too, like format conversion
scripts, or our devolved heat-jeos.

cheers