[openstack-dev] [nova] Nova v3 API work

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 19:25:01 UTC 2013

On 04/22/2013 01:33 PM, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> The following are the blueprints I've created based on the Nova V3 API
> discussions. As requested I've split them into multiple blueprints to
> make working out when we've actually finished parts of the V3 API work
> easier.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-v3-api-filter
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-cleanup-misc
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-core-as-extensions
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-expected-errors
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-extension-versioning
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-inconsistencies
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-return-codes
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-multi-status-support
>
> The following is the blueprint for the new API Extension framework
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-extension-framework
>
> There is an initial WIP patch for the barebones bits of the framework
> here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/27276/

Thanks for filing all of these!  That's great.

We have an older blueprint here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-v3-api

I figure we can keep the hold one and list all of these new ones as
dependencies.  That will give us one blueprint we can look at to see the
all of the sub components and which ones are finished.

The one other thing we need for all of these blueprints is a target
milestone for each one.  If possible, it would be great to go ahead and
aim for finishing everything between havana-1 and havana-2.  That would
give some slack allowing havana-3 for anything that fell behind because
it took longer than expected.

--
Russell Bryant