[openstack-dev] Pecan vs Falcon?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 14:11:58 UTC 2013

This project (Falcon) is only about 4 months old. While it looks to be
good solid code, it would be great if OpenStack projects could settle on
a WSGI framework and everyone work towards the same end goal. By my
count, to date OpenStack projects have used Bottle, Flask, Pecan, WSME,
and custom-built frameworks.

Why don't we get this into Oslo and at least make an attempt at driving
the car in the same direction? If the performance benefits of Falcon are
as advertised, I would think the OpenStack dev community would be eager
to create a simple Oslo wrapper around the Falcon library and start to
standardize on a single framework for WSGI handling.

Best,
-jay