[openstack-dev] [Heat] Future Vision for Heat

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 21:47:43 UTC 2013

Thanks Adrian!

We should probably make it clear for those who can't be at Summit that
this is not intended to be a record of the design summit discussions.
I'd describe this as a snapshot of Adrian's evolving vision for Heat,
taken after the design summit sessions. In particular, I think it
reflects a couple of misconceptions about the current architecture of
Heat, and it also contains some stuff that hasn't been discussed at all
at Summit (e.g. the CEP part... btw my initial reaction to this is that
it should probably talk to Ceilometer rather than the Autoscaling service).

That said, there certainly *is* consensus that we want to evolve Heat
toward being able to orchestrate whole applications rather than just
services. We'll be doing further work throughout the week and
subsequently on the mailing list to refine some of these architectural
ideas, and we're looking forward to working with Adrian and his team at
Rackspace to make it happen :)

cheers,
Zane.