[openstack-dev] Instance with access to GPU, libvirt and hostdev

Guillaume Thouvenin guillaume.thouvenin at bull.net
Wed Apr 10 08:08:01 UTC 2013

On 09/04/2013 19:59, Ian Wells wrote:

>     A blueprint already exists for this feature
>
>     https://blueprints.launchpad.__net/nova/+spec/pci-__passthrough-and-sr-iov
>     <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/pci-passthrough-and-sr-iov>
>

> I don't believe this would work without IOMMU support.
  I think like Ian. If you want to do pci-passthrough with some
hypervisors I think that you need IOMMU support. With container, as it
is the same kernel I think that I don't have this requirement.

  I will look deeply the code provided in the blueprint pointed by Jim
to see if it can be used for linux containers.

  Another thing, according to the review already done on this bp, the
code seems abandoned due to several weeks of no activity. I guess that
after the openstack summit the vision about PCI passthrough will be clearer.

So I will follow discussions and hope that I could help.

Regards,
Guillaume