[openstack-dev] [Quantum] VXLAN support for linuxbridge

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Tue Apr 9 20:22:30 UTC 2013

this should be a pretty straightforward extension of existing logic, so i
don't expect you'll have a hard time getting it reviewed.

Beware though that reviews for new features tends to slow in the next two
weeks, as people are preparing for and attending the openstack design
summit.  The combination of continuous daytime meetings and continuous
nighttime beer drinking does not tend to provide free cycles for code
reviews :)

dan

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) <kmestery at cisco.com
> wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Tomasz Paszkowski <ss7pro at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just uploaded initial working version of VXLAN support for linuxbridge
> plugin.
> >
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/26516/
> > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=vxlan-linuxbridge
> >

> > Implementation is pretty straightforward, it introduces new network_type
> 'vxlan' . It takes advantage of previously used network_vlan_ranges and
> physical_interface_mappings configuration variables.
> >
> > It also adds new section [VXLAN] with optional parameters for vxlan
> encapsulation parameters (but it should work on default ones to).
> >
> > Anyone willing to review it ?
>

> This looks pretty cool Tomasz, I'll certainly sign myself up to review it.

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt