[openstack-dev] Failing CI tests on python-novaclient

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 20:51:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell
<kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 08:36 +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
>> Indeed, and sorry about that. The cause was a new release of subunit,
>> which added the new version 2 wire protocol. I had tested the whole
>> ecosystem for compatibility forward and backwards, and the specific
>> case of 'new subunit old testrepository' was known to break *unless* a
>> subunit-2to1 filter was put in the pipeline; when I discussed that
>> with the -infra folk they didn't think we'd have any issues, because
>> the new testrepository would be brought down with everything else due
>> to the PyPI mirror : sadly that global install mentioned in the review
>> wasn't pulling from the PyPI mirror, and so it sucked down a new
>> subunit on it's own.
>
> That explains it.  However, I have to say that the problem still
> persists…

Assuming the failures for
http://logs.openstack.org/26310/2/check/gate-python-novaclient-python27/1404/
are the same failures you are seeing I don't think this is related to
the testrepository and python-subunit changes. That looks like a real
test failure to me and the html report is being generated. Also,
looking at the output from pip freeze we seem to still be using the
old version of python-subunit and testrepository (our pypi mirror has
not pulled in the new goodness yet).

Clark