[openstack-dev] RFC: Recording/providing ISO image headers in glance

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Mon Apr 8 17:59:32 UTC 2013

Sorry I missed this earlier, but, couldn't you just run "isoinfo" on
the image data before you upload it to Glance, and add the properties
you care about during image creation? We could document those property
names and values (and maybe even validate them) to make sure they
retain their canonical meaning.

Otherwise, adding a hook to "inspect image and add relevant
properties" doesn't really have a good place to fit into Glance at the
moment, IMO.