[openstack-dev] [Heat] Referencing VPC resources across templates

Simon Pasquier pasquier.simon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:57:03 UTC 2013

Thanks for the explanation.

My point is to understand the current limitations of Heat regarding VPC
resources and other resources making use of VPC.
I raised a couple of bugs on Launchpad:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1163952 (Instance resource should
implement the SubnetId property)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1163991 (Instance resource should
implement the SecurityGroupIds property)
>From my understanding of Heat & Quantum, both should be possible to
implement.

I have additional questions concerning AWS::EC2::EIP
and AWS::EC2::EIPAssociation resources:
- The AWS::EC2::EIP resource doesn't use the InstanceId property. Is it on
purpose?
- Is it feasible to implement the AllocationId property in
AWS::EC2::EIPAssociation?
- Is it feasible to implement the NetworkInterfaceId property in
AWS::EC2::EIPAssociation?

I guess you already looked at it but the AWS Cloudformation documentation
indicates several ways to provision elastic IP:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSCloudFormation/latest/UserGuide/quickref-ec2.html#scenario-ec2-eip

Regards,
Simon