[openstack-dev] [SUMMIT] Live streaming from Design sessions

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Apr 3 18:27:54 UTC 2013

On Tue 02 Apr 2013 12:58:05 AM PDT, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 04/02/2013 02:11 PM, Jesse Pretorius wrote:
>> As someone who will unfortunately not be making this summit, I would
>> appreciate it if the presentations and any Q&A thereafter could be
>> recorded.
>
> Me as well, I agree.

Presentations and recordings of all the Summit sessions will be
published right after the event. For the Design part, all PTLs and
leaders of the sessions will have to make sure that etherpads are
filled properly and a communication channel is open to remote
participants.

I would suggest to anybody interested  in specific sessions to contact
the leader of that session (tipically the PTL) and ask to be included
in it.

> For me, an IRC channel where I could participate, would be nice.

Having seen how hectig things get at the Design summit, I expect that
many will be on IRC all the time, on the usual channes, but that
counting on somebody specific to be there may lead to disappointment. I
think that it's better to think of IRC as a backup channel, not the
main one.

Every etherpad has a chat window in there: wouldn't that be enough to
participate to the discussion?

/stef