[openstack-dev] Quantum and keystone auth

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Apr 1 18:13:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Unless I've dreamed, it appears that the way to configure Quantum
keystone auth has changed from Folsom to Grizzly. It used to be in
/etc/quantum/api-paste.ini in filter:authtoken, and now it is in
/etc/quantum/quantum.conf.

I wonder what was the reason for such a change, which for sure, will
break upgrades in ways or others. [I'm not so sure yet how I will deal
with that at the packaging level, but what I'm sure, is that if I want
to address this upgrade problem, it will increase my packaging complexity.]

Also, l3_agent.ini used to have keystone auth things as well. It's now
completely gone. But there is now metadata_agent.ini. Is it that l3
reads its config from this file now, with Grizzly? Or does it read it
from /etc/quantum/quantum.conf?

Finally, is there some kind of release notes available explaining all
these (quite disruptive) changes?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)