[openstack-dev] [SUMMIT] Live streaming from Design sessions

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Apr 1 10:33:37 UTC 2013

Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> If somebody has to join a Design session and won't be in Portland let's
> talk about ad-hoc solutions for that person/people and session. I think
> skype or google hangout should be enough for that. What's your take?

I agree that it's generally easy to hook in a couple key remote
participants to a given session -- as long as the physical participants
specifically know about them, take them into account and include them in
the discussion. On the other end, it's difficult to take into account a
potential, silent crowd of lurkers: the quality of the resulting
experience for random bystanders listening to the audio feed ends up
being, due to the highly dynamic format of the Design Summit sessions,
quite disappointing.

Focusing on good video coverage of the Summit presentations sounds like
a more effective use of our AV resources.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)