[openstack-dev] Problem with debugging program having eventlet.monkey_patch() code

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 17:05:56 UTC 2012

> As a quick workaround you can change monkey patching at nova-scheduler
> script:
>
>  eventlet.monkey_patch(thread=False)

In Keystone, we have been moving toward a command line switch
--no_monkeypatch that as of now is in the test runner, and I would like
to submit for the keystone-all code as well.  I origianlly thought I
would be removing all of the monkeypatching, until I realized that it
was just the thread monkeypatch that was causing the debugging problem.

Can we standardize a name for this, and use it across all projects?
Something like:

--standard_threading?