[openstack-dev] Quantum + ZeroMQ (with a sprinkling of Nova) in Folsom

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Tue Sep 25 21:16:56 UTC 2012

> Ok, how about just removing impl_zmq.py from Quantum?
>
> That way, we're only allowing zmq to be used in Nova and commit to
> changing the message format in compatible ways
>
> How about zmq in Ceilometer and Cinder? Are they compatible with the
> current Nova message format?

Neither has this patch, so they comply with the old message format. I believe Cinder should be good to go.

Ceilometer, at least in part, is using declare_topic_consumer (like Quantum does in one place), which is not supported in the ZeroMQ driver - declare_topic_consumer is a /private/ method part of the AMQP drivers.  Also, these patches signficantly improve the feasibility of using notifications at scale, on which Ceilometer seems to depend.

Regards,
Eric Windisch