[openstack-dev] Quantum/Balancer API design specification draft

Alex Gosse gosse.alex at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:44:38 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I've been working on a *draft* design (as more of a thought experiment than
anything) for extensions to Quantum that address load balancing.  I started
with the Quantum API v2 document as a sort of template in order to conform
as closely as possible to that.  This is deliberately intended to not
include any influence from either *Atlas-LB* or *Equilibrium* (aka
Mirantis' LBaaS).  Rather, it attempts to take into account only the
possible use-cases and the current design of Quantum, and not any previous
efforts to provide an independent LBaaS solution.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1B8Xu8Td05dd_ar4aTej8pA3UDH8f3-bE8h5Oyg6Z2OU

I wanted to get the *concepts* section hashed out first, then flesh out the
API operations later.

All feedback welcome!
--
Alex