[openstack-dev] Troubleshooting the nova api extension

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:20:49 UTC 2012

Hi Kevin-

Do we have any Resource extension in the contrib directory for reference,

Kindly please point me the best resource extension example for a good
startup. Also, will the URL of type
"/server/metadetail?key1=value1&key2=value2" work with resource extension.

Please help me understand these points.

Thanking you for the help.

-
Trinath

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell <
kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 15:09 +0530, Trinath Somanchi wrote:
> > Here, The URI, /server/metadetail? is not being mapped to the method
> > "metadetail()" method present in the   extension.
> >
> > Also, its that, the WSGI is mapping, the URI to "show" method rather
> > than the "metadetail" method.  'wsgiorg.routing_args':
> > (<routes.util.URLGenerator object at 0x36f64d0>, {'action': u'show',
> > 'controller': <nova.api.openstack.wsgi.Resource object at 0x4644750>,
> > 'project_id': u'e216fcb54dc944a8ab16e4e325299643', 'id':
> > u'metadetail'})
> >
> > Please guide me on how to fix the issue such that the URL with
> > "/server/metadetail" is mapped to the "metadetail" method in the new
> > extension.
>
> Unfortunately, this isn't going to be possible using a
> ControllerExtension, because of the way nova sets up its routes—there's
> no way to merge the controller actions from the ControllerExtension with
> the creation of the server resource.  Try a ResourceExtension with the
> servers resource as the parent; that may work better for you.
> --
> Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>

Regards,