[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] integration with Quantum

JC Martin jcmartin at ebaysf.com
Mon Sep 24 02:50:33 UTC 2012

All,

To build on the excellent document from Samuel referenced below I have tried to map the implementation of the L3 Router and Floating IP to an implementation of Load Balancer Service in quantum.
The referenced document is meant to be a point of discussion, maybe for this Tuesday meeting. The biggest question is related to the style of load balancing we are expecting to support (e.g. Two arms NAT, Direct Return, …)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2Sy8nv-GIrVdVZhUWIyRU80VE0

Also, I don't know how the current implementation would support the composition of the L3 router/floatingIP with  LB.

I think that we need to answer few questions before to be able to define a complete management model.

Feel free to comment.

JC.