[openstack-dev] Asking about Open Stack Development

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:01:05 UTC 2012

Hi Ulysse,

Can you clarify which particular part of OpenStack you're interested in and
why you need to dive into the code? (it's not obvious that this is needed
for building something on top of OpenStack)

In any case, I suggest you start by getting the code from
http://github.com/openstack/nova - it's kinda the entry point.
Also, download and set up "devstack".

Also, read the architectural documentation first - just google for
"openstack nova architecture" or "openstack compute architecture" and read
the first hundred search results :)

I hope this will help you formulate more focused questions to which people
can give more focused answers.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Rugwiro Ulysse <rugwiro05 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear  All
>
> I am ulysse studying in china and i am contacting you because we have a
> school project about open stack and i did some research on this mater and
> found your Community (In this Project we need to develop a open Stack
> Platform ),i was wondering if you can guide me in this because i am new
> in Open Stack,but i have some knowledge about PYTHON language.
>
> Thanks for your understanding and help
>
> Regards!!!
>
> Ulysse Rugwiro

Eugene Kirpichov