[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Modal views with multiple tabs + tables and pagination

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Sat Sep 15 13:37:30 UTC 2012

Hi Rahul -

The Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) for the Dashboard are found here:
https://github.com/nebula/horizon-design/blob/master/HIG/OpenStack_HIG.rst
I don't think it has all the answers to your questions but I wanted to
be sure you had this document as a reference. The document can then be
updated

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Rahul Sharma
<rsharma at contrailsystems.com> wrote:
> 1. I am not restricting the question to Access & Security. But in general what would be the usability guidelines for refactoring pages with multiple tables (without adding them to newer pages).
>

>From the HIG document, " The full set of data for these tables may be
viewed using either continuous scrolling (content loads as the user
reaches the end of the currently visible content) or pagination (the
user manually navigates through sets of data). In either case, content
for these screens should be designed to allow the user to view the
full range of content groups on the screen."

Gabriel can probably elaborate more.

> 2. TabbedTableView + Ajax loading of tab only when it is clicked + table pagination were the three things I was thinking of.

See https://github.com/nebula/horizon-design/blob/master/HIG/OpenStack_HIG.rst#id41

Sorry I don't have more details for the rest of your questions but did
want to point out the HIG and the process it entails for blueprints
and such.

Have fun!
Anne