[openstack-dev] Isn't it better to make cgroups_path configurable?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 15:12:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 06:08:26AM -0700, David Kang wrote:

>  Now I have the clear answer to my questions on volume support for LXC instance.
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1009701
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1046495)
> Thank you very much, Daniel.
>
>  Locally, we added some code to nova-compute that uses 'lxc-attach' to
> make volume attach/detach work for LXC instances.

Hmm, I'm curious how lxc-attach works, since AFAIK that code relies on
the same missing kernel support that I describe below. Specifically
we need the 'mnt' namespace listed in /proc/self/ns/ - currently kernels
only have 'ipc', 'net' and 'uts' namespaces there.  What distro and
kernel are you using and what files does it show in /proc/self/ns/ ?

Daniel