[openstack-dev] [Nova] Instance backing file cleanup?

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:54:40 UTC 2012

Sweet!

Looking at trunk now (folsom). How do I trigger this?

Trunk Devstack on Ubuntu 12.04 (Virtualbox)
Nova version HEAD,
https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/51f5b8c28e37af4ab7c86e5b4ed8a3be0460fe32

When I delete the last instance (of an image) the files in the /_base
directory appear to persist.

Is there a clean up task? What is the trigger?

Oh, I found remove_unused_base_images, I'll dig in. Thanks!

Thanks again,
Lloyd

@lloyddewolf
http://www.pistoncloud.com/