[openstack-dev] Unable to start Horizon after successfully installation through devstack.

Tihomir Trifonov t.trifonov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:50:49 UTC 2012

Hitesh,

In fact the error you've pasted means that there is no /horizon subdir in
/static/, which however seems like a settings misconfiguration. Would you
paste what you have for

STATIC_ROOT

in your openstack_dashboard/settings.py file?

When I delete the horizon/static/horizon dir, I get a similar error:

'horizon/js/horizon.js' could not be found in the COMPRESS_ROOT
'/opt/stack/horizon/static' or with staticfiles.

And /opt/stack/horizon/ is supposed to be the dir for horizon installation
with DevStack. What version of devstack scripts do you use? Latest from
github?

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM, hitesh wadekar <hitesh.wadekar at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> Recently I tried with DevStack installation. It has successfully
> installed, even success message has been appeared at cmd. However, when I
> checked it in the browser I got this issue.
> "Internal Server Error"

> unable to complete your request."
>
> Also, when I checked it with DevStack Horizon screen. It has been stucked
> at  -> UncompressableFileError: 'horizon/js/horizon.js' isn't accessible
> via COMPRESS_URL ('/static/') and can't be compressed.
>
> Any idea about it?
>
> Cheer,
>
> Hitesh

Regards,