[openstack-dev] Quantum PTL candidacy

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 11:52:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am writing to announce my candidacy for the PTL for Quantum for the
Grizzly release.  A quantum leap has been made with the up and coming
Folsom release. Dan and the guys have done a tremendous job. More
challenges await us in Grizzly. I started working on Quantum towards the
end of the Essex release cycle. Since becoming involved in the project I
have been completely focused on Quantum. My first contributions were in
F-1 and in F-2 I was elected core (my wife would like me to spend a
little more time with the family). I also had the privilege of hacking
Quantum into oVirt [1].

For the Grizzly release I'd like us to be able to focus on the following:
- growing the Quantum community
- improve and complete the integration with nova
- focus on quality and documentation
- address architectural and performance issues
- incorporate new technologies and features into the project
- ensure that we maintain a stable Folsom release
- start to think towards version upgrades and backward compatibility

I am very lucky to have been given the opportunity by Red Hat to work on
the project and be involved in OpenStack. When I am not working on
Quantum I run.

Thanks
Gary

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Quantum_and_oVirt#Proof_of_Concept