[openstack-dev] Which mailing list?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 4 08:46:29 UTC 2012

Jason Kölker wrote:
> I think someone needs to be policing the launchpad list then proactively
> telling people not to discuss development there and to take it to the
> correct list. Its getting very hard to follow the threads with all the
> cross posting and random forwarding to "loop-in" the other list.

I agree we should keep cross-posting to the very minimum.

At this point everything that is developers-focused and forward-looking
should be posted only on openstack-dev. Everything that is intended to
current users and stable versions should be posted only on openstack at lp.

The exception to the rule is when you want to reach the "whole"
community: for this use case we still (currently) use openstack at lp.
That's why the election-related announcements are currently posted there.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack