[openstack-dev] About Glance API versions

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Oct 31 14:46:52 UTC 2012

Hi Yong,
Not all of Glance devs are guys. ;)

Here's the latest update in the doc, Brian was anticipating such
questions. See http://docs.openstack.org/developer/glance/configuring.html:

The glance-api service implents versions 1 and 2 of the OpenStack
Images API. Disable either version of the Images API using the
following options:

    enable_v1_api=<True|False>

Optional. Default: True

    enable_v2_api=<True|False>

Optional. Default: True

IMPORTANT NOTE: The v1 API is implemented on top of the
glance-registry service while the v2 API is not. This means that in
order to use the v2 API, you must copy the necessary sql configuration
from your glance-registry service to your glance-api configuration
file.

Hope this helps - thanks to Brian for the write-up.

Anne