[openstack-dev] Nova no-db-compute update

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Sat Oct 27 16:20:24 UTC 2012

On 10/26/2012 09:38 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 02:27 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> The "no-db-compute" project is for removing direct database access from
>> the nova-compute service.  The purpose of this message is to provide an
>> update on the status of the effort.
>
> I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. No DB compute is a
> big deal for all of us, even if we're not working on it.
>
> I'd be interested in general suggestions for how you think others can
> help out (if in fact you need help at the moment).

I think we're good on help at the moment.  We're focusing on the last
bits of lower hanging fruit.  Just watch out for no-db-compute patches
and review them quickly.  :-)

In the next few weeks we're going to kick off a design discussion about
what to do with the database accesses (writes, primarily) that need more
drastic work done.  We will have details on problems to be solved to
help guide the discussion.

--
Russell Bryant