[openstack-dev] Propose Jeremy Stanley for openstack-ci-core and root access

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 26 16:15:41 UTC 2012

On 2012-10-26 14:06:14 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Could you give (more for general information than for permission)
> the areas of CI where Jeremy was particularly active?

I'm entirely new to the project as of a couple months, and as such
still coming up to speed on a lot of the CI systems and ancillary
infrastructure. So far I've...

 * pitched in on a few code reviews and triaged some bugs

 * fixed some style issues in Puppet (server management) configs

 * converted a bunch of Jenkins doc jobs to use Jenkins Job Builder

 * implemented Gerrit trivial rebase and whitespace-only detection

 * added out-of-memory failure detection to the tox runner

My current OpenStack CI improvement projects include...

 * Gerrit infrastructure for a foundation-managed CLA process

 * a branch tracking tag mechanism for git

 * whatever else needs doing

A primary reason for direct access to the servers is that my decades
as a Unix admin and network engineer will allow me to assist the
currently small and overworked CI team in diagnosing and repairing
server issues which crop up from time to time.

> Also which TZ he usually lives in?

Eastern North America (EST/EDT), though my coffee maker runs on UTC.
--
{ WHOIS( STANL3-ARIN ); WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ );
FINGER( fungi at yuggoth.org ); IRC( fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );