[openstack-dev] hoirzon folsom compressor errors

andi abes andi.abes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:03:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Adam Gandelman <adamg at canonical.com> wrote:
> On 10/25/2012 11:48 PM, andi abes wrote:
>>
>> I'm running on preceise and deploying from the ubuntu packages, and
>> hitting fun errors:
>>
>>   UncompressableFileError: 'horizon/js/horizon.js' isn't accesible via
>> COMPRESS_URL ('/static/') and can't be compressed
>>
>> The first path was to make sure that node-less is available, and
>> correctly linked from the bin/less/lessc link.
>> But I'm still getting these errors. Occasionally, I get the auth/login
>> screen to show up, but that too goes away if I clear the generated
>> cache.
>>
>> Any pointers?

> What package versions are you using?  This should have been addressed by
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1024326, but please file a bug
> against the Ubuntu package if this isn't the case.
>
> Adam

I have:
python-django-horizon                               2012.2-0ubuntu2~cloud0

which seems to have correctly pulled in:
python-compressor                                   1.1.2-0ubuntu5~cloud0

(did have to install node-less manually, but I guess that makes sense,
if you choose a different lessc provide (e.g. the ruby variant).

That said, still getting the same errors. Any other pointers?