[openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Motion to validate Heat's application as incubated project

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 20:36:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 21:26 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Briefly, my feeling on the "scope" question is that at its core Heat
> provides some very straightforward and easy to understand orchestration
> features which are a really nice addition to OpenStack.

Hmm, I guess I should add a couple of disclaimers ...

As you can see from our email addresses, a bunch of Heat developers work
for Red Hat and are, like me, on the OpenStack team. However, I've
personally very little involvement in Heat's development or planning.

The tiny involvement I can claim is suggesting the basic idea for the
project over beers late one night in Brno, CZ. We'd come across AWS
CloudFormations when working on http://aeolusproject.org orchestration
and it seemed obvious that something similar would be a great OpenStack
project.

So, discount my opinion as biased if you like. But, honestly, I think my
opinion would be the same if I had zero involvement with Heat.

Cheers,
Mark.