[openstack-dev] [OSSG] OpenStack Security Group Task List

Jian Wen wenjianhn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:08:09 UTC 2012

Sorry for the misunderstandings.
I should have point out that rsync means the file-copying tool, not the
protocol.

There are two different ways for rsync to contact a remote system:
using a remote-shell program as the transport (such as ssh or rsh) or
contacting  an  rsync daemon directly via TCP.

Now nova uses the first way.
       Access via remote shell:
         Push: rsync [OPTION...] SRC... [USER@]HOST:DEST

My blueprint uses the later one.
       Access via rsync daemon:
          Push:rsync [OPTION...] SRC... rsync://[USER@]HOST[:PORT]/DEST

2012/10/25 Eric Windisch <eric at cloudscaling.com>

> On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Mandell Degerness wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/24/2012 09:13 AM, Mandell Degerness wrote:
>

> rsync over ssh. He specifically mentions using passwordless ssh. rsync is
> a binary as well as a line protocol, and here it is specifically using ssh
> for the file transfer.
>
> That's what I get for responding to email before my morning coffee. I
> completely mis-read that.
>

> If it makes you feel better, I'm still misreading it in the same fashion.
>
> Ivan, can you clarify this for us?
>
> Regards,
> Eric Windisch

Best,