[openstack-dev] Trimming Infrastructure Core Team

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Oct 25 01:11:19 UTC 2012

Hey all!

We've been trying to follow the general project procedures for core team
membership in the infrastructure team, but just realized we hadn't been
doing that particularly publicly - usually because we're all on IRC all
the time so chatting with everyone is easy.

So let's fix that.

I would like to propose removing several people from the core
infrastructure team. The core team is, like the other projects, the one
who has +2 and Approve access to our repositories. We have several
people on the team who have been extremely helpful in the past but who
have not been active in the infrastructure project as reviewers for a while:

Soren Hansen
Thierry Carrez
Andrew Hutchings
Joe Heck

Unless any of them raise any objections. This is not a mark against
their skills or worth as people - in fact, we'd strongly welcome them
all to become active in day to day things enough that they should be
re-adds.

Similarly, I would like to propose removing Soren and Andrew's ssh keys
from the list of people with ssh and root access to the infrastructure
servers for similar reasons.

I would like to point out that this will leave us without anyone with
root access in the European time zones. I'm not crazy about that ... so
if anybody over there wants to get more involved in Infrastructure
things, we'd love to eventually be able to add someone to the core team
in that area.

Thanks!
Monty