[openstack-dev] [CI] Jenkins and Gerrit downtime

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Sun Oct 21 17:24:02 UTC 2012

corvus at inaugust.com (James E. Blair) writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Gerrit and Jenkins will be unavailable Sunday, October 21 from 15:00 to
>> 19:00 UTC.
>>
>>   http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121021T15&ah=4
>>
>> Clark Boylan and I will be moving both servers to Rackspace's Nova
>> installation, and upgrading them to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  We've scheduled 4
>> hours for the work for planning purposes, but hopefully it will be
>> complete in much less time.
>>
>> Additionally, since Rackspace now offers native IPv6 connectivity, we
>> plan on adding AAAA records to the DNS for those servers at the
>> conclusion of the move.
>>
>> As usual, we will be on IRC in #openstack-dev and #openstack-infra where
>> we will announce status updates and be available if you have any
>> questions or issues during or after the move.
>
> In addition to those two servers, we will also migrate
> etherpad.openstack.org to a new machine (also with an IPv6 address)
> while upgrading to etherpad-lite (all of the existing etherpad data will
> be preserved).

This maintenance is complete.

We did not add AAAA records for these servers because in the past week,
we observed a network problem with IPv6 connectivity on the development
servers.  We have opened a ticket with Rackspace support about this.
Once that is resolved, we will send another update to this mailing list
and add AAAA records.

There were a few minor issues with the devstack-gate jobs; they have
been corrected and I issued "recheck"s for the affected change.

The etherpad server briefly came up with an erroneous configuration
which required a /p/ component in the URL.  That was quickly corrected;
it is our intent that the old URLs as well as the old data are
preserved.

Otherwise, I believe the move went very smoothly, largely in part to the
thorough preparations made by Clark Boylan (clarkb).  Thanks!

If you encounter any problems with Jenkins, Gerrit, or Etherpad, please
let us know in #openstack-infra on IRC.

-Jim