[openstack-dev] Nova service management via API?

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at au1.ibm.com
Mon Oct 15 06:53:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 02:28:16 +1100
Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> On 10/14/2012 03:05 PM, heut2008 wrote:
> > There is a blueprint for this,
> > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/apis-for-nova-manage, we
> > just need some to do it.
>
> I had a friend tell me he intended to work on that blueprint next the
> other day, so I think we might see some progress soon. (I don't want
> to assign him, as I might have misunderstood).

Yes I've been working on the blueprint :-) I've updated a wiki page
here with a summary of what extra APIs and nova client support we'd
need to remove the functionality from nova-manage (some are already
supported in nova-client).

http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaManageDBAnalysis

If anyone is interested, please have a look. I'm pretty new to
OpenStack so any feedback would be great (even if its just
someone checking that I'm not misunderstanding what some of the more
esoteric command do).

I have some rough new API definitions where needed which I'll put up as
well. Still trying to make sure I'm understanding how the API would all
work correctly (might be simpler just to implement one to check).

Chris
cyeoh at au.ibm.com