[openstack-dev] Nova service management via API?

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Sat Oct 13 19:07:47 UTC 2012

Long ago (back in the dark days of the openstackx extensions) the equivalent of the "nova-manage service list" CLI command was exposed via an API. I thought we'd achieved full parity in Nova API + novaclient when we deprecated openstackx but it looks like this one may have been missed. It's possible I'm just not finding it though.

Is there an API for managing Nova services somewhere and I'm not finding it? Was it intentionally deemed "not something that should be exposed via an API"? Should I open a ticket about re-adding it at some point?

All the best,

    - Gabriel