[openstack-dev] Documentation and the Namespace attribute for API class definitions

Matt Joyce matt.joyce at cloudscaling.com
Fri Oct 12 03:44:33 UTC 2012

namespace urls do not NEED to resolve.

but, they can.  and that would be nice for 2 reasons I can think of.

1.  when you google for docs on an api method without a real documentation
url those links show up and 404.  That is annoying.  Also if they do
resolve, the namespace url suddenly picks up a second use.  Which is pretty
nice.

2.  the namespace urls are used to map in namespace all the api methods.
which means it's something of an authoritative source of api calls.  This
means you can gate test for documentation, or simply get quick stats on how
many methods are undocumented.

that's my thinking anyways.

-Matt