[openstack-dev] horizon devstack difference

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Fri Oct 12 00:52:48 UTC 2012

Hello All!
I had to re-synch to master my horizon development environment to upgrade my patch .. and things are broken.
My development environment is Ubuntu 12.04.1 and had basically clone devstack and used it's stack.sh script to get started.
A git clone of horizon produces the exact same files that the devstack install shows for /opt/stack/horizon but the
Horizon web UI fails complaining /opt/stack/horizon/bin/less missing.

Further, a brand new Ubuntu and devstack install works and the directory structure and files inside /opt/stack/horizon look very different from what the horizon clone indicates
Unsure what to trust and modify to upgrade my patch.

Would appreciate any insight to make my development environment work.

Regards
Malini