[openstack-dev] Grizzly overlapping IP gaps

Brian Haley brian.haley at hp.com
Wed Oct 10 19:25:17 UTC 2012

I noticed in the Grizzly Summit session notes for "Closing quantum/nova gaps"
there are a couple of overlapping IP items:

- metadata service did not support overlapping IPs
- nova security groups couldn't handle overlapping IPs (this is being handled by
security groups in Quantum, but we still need someone to do the work for
iptables based security groups).

Is anyone looking into those yet?  Or have a plan on what needs to be done?
Anything I can help with?

Actually, I did just find these two bugs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/1038098
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1053819

Thanks,

-Brian